English Language Incubator (ELI) is a space where English Language needs of the community – be it academic, business, professional, industrial, national or international – are fulfilled.
It is challenging to move ahead in the 21st century in the world without smart and cogent English. The written documents in particular deserve to be well understood and should be convincingly presented, free of language errors and communication gaps and ambiguity. ELI, which comprises university academics in collaboration with the professionals beyond the premises, has foreseen this need of the community, and is ready to extend its right service for right prices.
The services that ELI renders to the community are mainly twofold: editing and translating.
- Developmental/ substantive editing
The editor evaluates the document substantively: the issues related to the structure, organization, consistency is rectified. Sentences may be deleted or revised.
- Copy editing
The editor corrects the problems of grammar, style, usage of words, repetition.
Typos, spelling errors, errors in capitalization and punctuation, and intense are rectified. This also includes consistency in language- in spelling/language- for instance, British American or Canadian English
The editor amends the document to ensure that it fulfils the required format. For instance, the format required for a business letter.
- From Sinhala to English
- From English to Sinhala
ELC offers to edit and/or translate, but not limited to, the following written documents:
- Press releases
- Books and manuscripts
- Business documents
- Creative writings
- ELI is aware of the critical importance of maintaining confidentiality during the process of editing, hence takes measures to ensure confidentiality of the documents and their contents.
- All ELI services come with an on-time delivery and quality guarantee through a secured system.
- Clients consent is taken in advance along with the professional’s for the editing process.
- Payment is subject to administrative decision of the ELI . However, the client is informed in advance.
Dr Chitra Jayathilake,
Head & Senior Lecturer in English
Department of English and Linguistics
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Administrative Assistant: ELI