Do you have a creative idea, a novel product or service?
Are you keen to commercialize it?
Do you want business incubation facilities?
Do you need to transfer idea into a full-fledged product, the legalities associated with it, and the strategic marketing and financial decisions?
Translation of research findings into practical applications of benefit to society is a high priority for the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, and is being strongly supported by the IIVCC.
The IIVCC facilitates inventions from the laboratory to the marketplace, benefiting the public by industry, academia, and government collaboration to create innovative products and delivers support, guidance and professional sparring in the development and growth of a new business start-up.
In accordance with the vision and the mission of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, viz., “developing globally competent citizens through education for a sustainable future”, and along the lines of the Strategic Plan of the USJP (2017-2021), the mission of the Innovation, Invention and Venture Creation Centre (IIVCC) is to promote its innovations, inventions and venture creations in collaboration with the industry, both the public and private sectors.
- To create a positive nexus between the university-led research and the needs and challenges of the industry
- To deepen and extend the existing knowledge on innovation, intervention and venture creation
- To encourage innovators and inventors to work in concert, to engage in further collaboration and commercialization
- To help entrepreneurs (both the start-up and the established businesses) turn their promising concepts and designs into prosperous businesses and ventures by becoming steadier, and better-equipped for success, by adding a network of industry and business experts to them
- To recognize, value, utilize and protect innovations and interventions with due respect, in line with copyright and patent regulations
Innovation ties everything together in business.
Invention is the physical creation of a new concept or idea.